Thursday, February 12, 2009

I applied to Teach America this morning

What a walk down memory lane!  I had to review experiences I hadn't thought about since I was an undergraduate at a junior college.  What a blast from the past.  I went to Sacramento City College and finished up home studies at the same time because I wanted to play in the orchestra at California State University Sacramento.  I did that for three years.  It was an amazing experience.  The only disadvantage is that I have oddities in my transcripts so when I apply for graduate school it always takes a little bit of explaining.  I started taking college courses in 1994 and I did not graduate until 2004.  I did earn several certificates, change schools three times, play in orchestra, and change my major.  It doesn't seem to matter when I apply for work.  However, Teach America is a combination of both.  I am not holding my breath, it would be nice if I got the position because it is paid and I would have a paying gig while the economy is working on bouncing back from this most recent downturn.  I had been leaning towards a rural school teaching position anyway.  One of their locations is Gilroy, CA which would be ideal because it is close.  Just a quick pop up the freeway and voila I'm home in Sacramento.  So, keep me in your prayers, lets hope I get the job!

No comments: