Saturday, July 25, 2009

Kite Festival

What a fun day!  May I just say, it is so much fun to be at the kite festival in Berkeley.  It was awesome!  There were Japanese kite makers.  There was food including Ben & Jerry's, Vegan, barbecue chicken, hot dogs, pretzels, and kettle korn.  There were so many children!  Everywhere!  There were stroller backups!  I had a blast taking video and photographs of everything.  It was very windy, sunny, and cool.  I was very lucky, I got to park close and only had to pay 10$.  There were choreographed kite ballets.  This is very serious business.  This includes music.  There was a dj/emcee.  There were vendors with hats, tee shirts, and jewelry.  Be sure to bring a blanket to sit on, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.  I am sure that I got some footage to add to my portfolio, I certainly got some great practice in.  I noticed that I could have brought my tripod after all.  It would have been nice because it was so windy that I was getting buffeted around.  I think I will go back tomorrow.  I was focused today and I think that I liked it!

No comments: