Friday, July 31, 2009

Beginner's Photography Kit

Here is a brief list of the things I keep in my photography kit for short day trips:

1. Camera body
2. Lenses
3. Filters
4. Lens pen/papers
5. White sheet of paper or something else for white balancing
6. Model release forms
7. Business cards 
8. Small floppy set of elephant ears or something that you can soften hot spots with

Non-camera stuff:

1. Water
2. Hat
3. Sunscreen
4. Money both paper money and about 3-4 dollars in quarters
5. A clean towel
6. Snacks in a small cooler with ice packs
7. Small first aide kit
8. Charged cell phone
9. GPS if you have one and a map book.  They are different, I recommend having both.
10.  Small notebook for jotting down ideas.
11.  Cheap digital watch (if you destroy it you won't care)
12. Change of clothes.  I know that seems like a lot, but if you end up knee deep in horse poop you might want to change!

One more thing, maybe a blanket to keep in the car, thats easily washed.  Gum/breath mints for after the taco break.  And, baby wipes.  

Thats the ideas I have, I'm sure that there are always other ideas, so feel free to post comments.

No comments: