Monday, December 17, 2007

Victorian Christmas in Nevada City, CA

A lot of fun was to be had in Nevada City.  Carolers, fiddlers, and bagpipers abound. However, it was dark!  It was cold.  And I only shot one chips worth of pictures.  I'm using my Canon Eos 20D and did not take a tripod.  I find that they slow me down as much as anything.  I only had one lens and my flash fill kicked in for most of the day.  I can't say I actually like flash fill. Its not my idea of pretty.  I did not buy hardly anything.  I did not even get my palm read or a psychic reading.   I did pick up a two toned blue ribbon  wreathe for my friend's nieces.  There was no jewelry that spoke to me and I was looking.  The food would have been fabulous I'm sure but I'm insulin resistant and I brought my lunch with me.  There was hot cider, hot coco, potatoes and soup, hot fudge, lavender honey, fresh tacos, and kettle corn.  I was so good!  I had my little baby bel cheese, walnuts, and 1 ounce of semi sweet chocolate.  I never met up with my digital photography group, but I did meet a fiddle player that gave me the phone number of a guy that may be able to rehair my bow.

No comments: