Monday, March 1, 2010

San Francisco Fort Mason Orchid

Did you attend the orchid festival in San Francisco at Fort Mason on Sunday? What??? You didn't! Well, thats ok, I did and I took pictures. I bought one orchid for my mother as an early Mother's day present. I also took about 800 pictures. I had a blast. Parking was a bit of a trick. I ended up parking close to a monument erected for a gentlemen in 1941. I took some pictures of the water, people in the park, and then I went inside. I concentrated on the presentation pieces. Wow! This year's theme must have been Mardi Gras. I'm sure there were more photographers on Friday, but I was working that day so I had to wait until Sunday. I did see several photographers, amateurs and professionals, both. Everybody had a good time. I love the floral shots, they are so much fun to work with, they don't complain, they don't need a model release and they always please.

No comments: